In the New Testament, the Apostle Peter tell us that we should “always be ready to explain” our hope as believers. (1 Peter 3:15)
What is our faith all about? Can you answer that question to your own satisfaction and to the satisfaction of skeptics in your life?
When our church leaders considered these two questions, it led them to two more:
- What Biblical knowledge is critical for a follower of Jesus?
- What Bible curriculum would communicate that knowledge over a three-year span?
The answers to these questions led to the development of our 12-course adult curriculum entitled Pitman Road University!
Although the curriculum is not an exhaustive Biblical exposition, it is a comprehensive program that will teach, challenge, and equip anyone who completes it … and we hope that many will!
What is Pitman Road University?
- It is an adult Bible curriculum comprised of a total of 12 courses.
- Courses will be taught on Sunday mornings at 9:00 am by several different teachers.
- The curriculum can be completed in as little as three years, or you may take longer to complete it.
- Participants take one course at a time.
Requirements for completion of Pitman Road University:
- Completion of all 12 courses (over any number of years).
- Attendance at 10 out of 13 classes per course required for course credit (attendance will be taken at 9:00 am).
- Reading and/or homework may be required.
- Courses may be taken in any order.
- Courses will be offered on a continuous, rotating basis.
- Courses are adapted to all levels of the Christian experience.
- Graduation certificates will be presented to all who complete the curriculum.
Note: Other adult Bible classes not associated with Pitman Road University will also be offered each quarter.